8/20/2011

Genetics

I've just visited a web site where the photographer merged pictures of siblings to demonstrate how their features are similar and that they could almost be the same person. http://go.jmleclercq.com/pu (Sorry, Blogger doesn't want to add this as a link. You will need to copy the url in your browser! Love Blogger but sometimes, it gets stubborn for no reason!)

Anyway...
I did a similar exercise when I took a drawing class last summer. The theme of the class was Hybrid and I wanted to demonstrate how the mixture of genes from my ancestors evolved into what I am today. I took my grand-parents wedding picture and came up with a strange result. Let me show you.

This is the original picture:


And this is the result of merging them in PhotoShop:


Bizarre, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment