1/16/2010

Improv on Cannelle


Let me introduce you to Cannelle, my 12 years old Shelty that I drew for the first time last December. My friend Johanne showed me a new drawing technique using a light box, a picture (taken by my friend Jerôme when I first got Cannelle from the SPCA 6 years ago), and my most precious Crayola crayons.

For a long time, I thought I couldn't draw until I took drawing classes with
Josée Duclos, an artist that I really appreciate and who helped me find my own style. It wasn't easy, but since then, I do more improvisation instead of trying to draw exact replicas, which I am never able to do anyway.

Only recently have I been more forgiving to myself and have been using my own drawings in my arts and crafts. And, with forgiveness comes the liberty to express myself. I now take more risks in exploring new techniques and I am often surprized at the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment